Skip Navigation LinksNational Health Insurance Fund > Healthcare abroad > European Health Insurance Card > What to do if I go abroad without a card?
What to do if I go abroad without a card?

If your card is lost or stolen while you're abroad you should contact the Territorial Health Insurance Fund and apply for a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC). Members of your family can do this on your behalf if necessary. The PRC will provide you with the same cover as an European Health Insurance Card until you return home.

If leave Lithuania without your European Health Insurance Card and treatment becomes medically necessary during your visit, you may be issued with a PRC as well. At your request the PRC will be sent directly to the place of treatment.

Modified: 2014-03-28