What is not covered by the European Health Insurance Card?
- The European Health Insurance Card is not a substitute or replacement for private travel insurance. You should always take out an appropriate private policy in addition to carrying your card.
- It will not cover the costs of private healthcare or services that are not part of the state healthcare system.
- It will not cover the costs of being repatriated to Lithuania.
- It will not allow you to go abroad specifically to receive treatment (including going abroad to give birth).
- It does not guarantee free services. As each country's healthcare system is different, services that cost nothing at home might not be free in another country.